24 November, 2010

Re:Hope Women's Worship Night

Since arriving in Glasgow, I have joined the Women's Pastoral Care Team at our church, Re:Hope. My first day in staff meeting, one of the women on staff voiced that a couple of them wanted to have a women's worship and prayer night soon, so I jumped on board to help! I've never done much on the computer before concerning invitations or the like, but I volunteered to help advertise for the event. With assistance I managed to come up with an invitation that I was proud of! I love learning how to do new things!

There are so many young women at Re:Hope! I feel like it's going to take ages to meet all of them, remember their names and then actually get to know them! It's such a wonderful spot to be though. I love getting to know women and helping them become grounded in their faith in God and connecting them with other fabulous women! Overall, Scotland is in such a place of spiritual hopelessness. The last couple of generations have walked away from God and don't have much to offer the upcoming generations. It is so refreshing to see young people searching for hope for themselves and finding God!

Last night, we hosted the event at the church building and a lot of newer women to the church attended. I was impressed with the team of women who came together to make everything happen. The response from everyone was very positive! The lights were dimmed, there were lots of candles lit and strands of white twinkle lights. The worship through singing was beautiful! Several times I just stood silently praising God and listening to the amazing chorus of women's voices around me bringing glory to His Name! If you've never experienced this kind of thing before, you should! There are few other things like it that will turn your heart to God!

4 comments:

  1. I am so happy for you and so glad it worked well I miss the praise of women together. I stand with eyes closed and listen to the harmony of voices it is so wonderful. God be with you in your new adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Monica! Excellent job on the invitation. Love it :) We just returned from our cruise yesterday. It was an interesting experience, but definitely good time with the fam. I will write more in an email. Love you. -alyss

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love you dear Monica! Think of you every day...both of you...but mostly you as I HOPE YOU WIN! HEH Love, Sue Bee

    ReplyDelete
  4. MONICA!!! MERRRY CHRISTMAS.....!!! Now, you hafta write and tell us what's it been like celebrating (getting ready) for your first Scottish Christmas???? Please????? I live vicariously through you. :) <3

    ReplyDelete